Applications to rent
- How does a tenant apply to rent my property?
- I have an interested tenant. What do I do next?
- How do I invite a tenant to apply to rent?
- What happens when my application is accepted?
- Do you accept tenants on universal credit or housing benefit?
- Who reviews my application?
- How do I request a holding deposit?
- Can I rent to a tenant without a holding deposit?
- Are holding deposits legal in Wales and Scotland?
- How do I view my tenant’s referencing results?
- How is the holding deposit returned to the tenant?
- When is the holding deposit returned to the tenant?
Referencing and credit checks
- What is tenant referencing?
- How is referencing different to application?
- How do I submit a tenant for referencing?
- What does referencing involve?
- Why do I need to reference my tenant?
- Is tenant referencing required?
- What are guarantors responsible for?
- Do guarantors need to sign the tenancy agreement?
- What happens if I don’t have a guarantor?
- Do I need a guarantor if I’m self-employed or retired?
- How do I reference a guarantor?
- Who can be a guarantor?